<

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Day 5 - Final Fantasy - Roppongi 13/1


I heard a lot about it in magazines but this is my first time to Roppongi Hills. I am glad that we have decided to join Gloria even our my last day of this trip. Today, we had 2 wake up calls, and my phone alarm as back up in case we misses it again. Hee hee....That's why I said we didn't get the wake up call yesterday cuz, as soon as the first one rang today, I am awake already.

Meet Gloria at their hotel at 0900hrs and off we head to Roppongi Hills to Starbucks for breakfast. This place is so beautiful and is full of different art designs even on the street. The whole complex consist of shopping, office tower, TV station, and also theatres. There is also a Grand Hyatt here, don't know whether I can get comp room here next time!?! We spent the whole morning taking pictures and I bought a very cute chocolate crunch with Takashi Murakami's design on the tin and also an semi-transparent umbrella with Roppongi Hills Art design printed on it as souvenir for myself.

Since we have an evening flight too catch and we need to get to airport 4 hours prior to the flight departs (2 hours to get to the airport and 2 hours for international flight c/in). Cherry and I left Gloria and group at around 1130hrs. We went back to Shinjuku's Takashimaya to look for the Porter hand bag that Cherry had to get for her friend. 3rd time to this department store la....crazy. Nor did Cherry find the model of Porter bag that her friend wants, we didn't even buy the lovely Strawberries that we ate the other day. It cost $660 yen the other day but today they were selling at $1000 yen per box. Forget about it...too expensive! Instead, we went to the basement of Keio Department store to get some snacks for people at work!

We had a bit of time after Keio, we then went to 北澤 for sushi lunch. There we only had a few dishes. It is really difficult to order when we don't speak what we want and read what special fishes there were. Anyway, it was a delicious lunch and it was a good way to end the trip.

4 days of shopping...I had my luggage, Shirley's Lily handcarry, a backpack and also a hand bag on me to return to HK...oh and 2 umbrellas. Speaking of the umbrellas.....I had lots of fun with this trip but it ended with a memorable flaw. I drag all my belongs all the way from Tokyo with more than 10 hours of transportation time......I left my souvenirs - the 2 lovely umbrellas on the stupid luggage cart! And of course with the greedy Hong Kong people staring at ...no one will bother to let me know I left them on the cart!!! Hong Kong people sucks!!! I bet if I am in Toronto or in Tokyo...they will ran after me to let me know that I've left something behind. Oh well......it was memorable anyhow! I guess I will be looking forward to go again with Shirley very soon, perhaps I can get an Osaka or Okinawa umbrella instead!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home