<

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Day 3 Spent in Shinjuku 11/1

Got up around 0745hrs this morning and met up with Gloria at 0915hrs. I start of with a thick toast breakfast. Sakuraya and Big Camera were our first stop. I bought the little photo print by Fujifilm which was the new toy that Gloria was recommending. You can just print out your photos by infrad. I also bought a spare battery and 1GB memory card for my PSP. Prices were of course much cheaper compare to HK.

We pretty much spent the whole day in Shinjuku, from west to east, then east to south....busy busy busy. There wasn`t too much damage to my wallet today but I bought another Burberry shirt at Isetan. Oh...did I mention that we were in the season for Strawberries!?! Yeah, those that looked like wax demo! They were super sweet and I think I will need to buy a box to HK to share with Auntie Lily (She is a strawberry lover).

After a whole afternoon of crazy shopping (skipped lunch), we went to the "Tamago to Atashi" in Lumme 1 at Shinjuku South for a very late lunch. It specialized in Japanese style Rice in Egg Omelete and there were much better than the one in HK. I loved their rice cheese sause on the side. It was very delicious. After the meal, Gloria and others need to unload their shopping bags back to their hotel. Since Cherry and I didn't have much with us, we decided to head to Takashiya again to get the Burberry handbag that Cherry wanted to buy yesterday.

From my experience, whenever you see something you like with Burberry's stuff in Tokyo, you should buy it right away and don't think you can come the next day to decided whether you want it or not. That happen to me 2 years ago on my trip with Susan. Well, same thing happen to Cherry. While I was shopping for my trench coat yesterday, Cherry was looking at one of its handbag and debating whether she should get it or not. Since she thought she might be able to find something from Agnes' B, she didn't buy it yesterday. Today, when we go back to the Takashiya, it was sold out already. I use my limit Japanese vocabulary to ask the sales to check which other store might still have it in the area. After serching a few place, she found one at Keio. Since all shops closes at 2000hrs in Japan, we rush immediately to Keio to get it. Lucky we ask the sale to hold it for us.

We meet up with Gloria again a bit later for Tofu dinner. This resturant is quiet cool as it has monitor at each table for guest to order directly from its touch screen menu. Here I had a very cool drink and love it so much. It call mandarin sour which has a bit of alcohol in it. Never mind about the alcohol, I managed to finished the cup in just a few sip and the mandarin in it was very very sweet, juicy and yummy!!!



Tonight we finished off the day a bit early since we have a long day ahead. Tomorrow, we will so for breakfast sushi at 0800hrs!

That`s about it for today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home